Weekend!!
Finally it's weekend! Maybe now I'll finally get to see the museum of modern art, MoMA, which is about two blocks from my place and maybe even the "distant" Ground Zero! After that I guess I've exhausted all the real sights in NYC... :-)
Yesterday a few of the V committee diplomats invited everyone for Thursday drinks (it looks like all weekdays are actually a traditional day for drinks) at this great tiny Cuban bar with cheap happy hour drinks. There were some other interns there this time, but recently we've unintentionally concentrated on networking with the diplomats... We were the only interns on Wednesday drinks, but we met some great people from Unicef and some other UN missions, so the evening was just great anyway. It seems that the weekend actually begins already on Thursday in New York and on Friday everyone is just hanging in there until the day finally ends... And after that, of course, you have to go for Friday drinks!
Anyway, I don't have much plans for the weekend beyond the Friday drinks. Except that I'll sleep very long tomorrow.
Yesterday a few of the V committee diplomats invited everyone for Thursday drinks (it looks like all weekdays are actually a traditional day for drinks) at this great tiny Cuban bar with cheap happy hour drinks. There were some other interns there this time, but recently we've unintentionally concentrated on networking with the diplomats... We were the only interns on Wednesday drinks, but we met some great people from Unicef and some other UN missions, so the evening was just great anyway. It seems that the weekend actually begins already on Thursday in New York and on Friday everyone is just hanging in there until the day finally ends... And after that, of course, you have to go for Friday drinks!
Anyway, I don't have much plans for the weekend beyond the Friday drinks. Except that I'll sleep very long tomorrow.


2 Comments:
How was MoMa?
By
Anonymous, at 20/3/06 04:31
Wow! My first comment! MoMa was too big to comprehend and I was exhausted after just quickly walking through two floors. I decided to go back at least a few times since it's free with the UN pass :-)
I did find some incredible Spanish arcitecture though and that was just great!
By
tp, at 20/3/06 20:34
Post a Comment
<< Home