About the work
I still haven't mentioned much about the work itself... It seems that I will get a lot of responsibility and starting tomorrow I will handle some issues in the Fifth Committee more or less by myself. I'm looking very much forward to all the meetings and I hope I will get to sit behind the Finland-sign already tomorrow :-)
The Fifth Committee handles administration and budgeting issues in the UN and it's very active now that the spring session is starting. I have already read about some of the issues in "local" newspapers (New York Times etc. are not just local I guess...) and it's very interesting to be working with such topics. There's tons and tons of background information to catch up with before the sessions and I'm sure I'll have lots of work next week.
For balance I have already got to know some of the other interns and we went out yesterday with a big group of interns from Germany, Greece, the Netherlands and Denmark. There's also two other interns in the Finnish mission and Linda joined me last night to this party held at a Dutch intern's very posh apartment in the 43 floor right next to Times Square... We continued to a club in Lower East side that was as packed as the subways in the morning rush hour. Still, the party was excellent and we consumed amazing amounts of Sangria before heading home in the small hours.
The Fifth Committee handles administration and budgeting issues in the UN and it's very active now that the spring session is starting. I have already read about some of the issues in "local" newspapers (New York Times etc. are not just local I guess...) and it's very interesting to be working with such topics. There's tons and tons of background information to catch up with before the sessions and I'm sure I'll have lots of work next week.
For balance I have already got to know some of the other interns and we went out yesterday with a big group of interns from Germany, Greece, the Netherlands and Denmark. There's also two other interns in the Finnish mission and Linda joined me last night to this party held at a Dutch intern's very posh apartment in the 43 floor right next to Times Square... We continued to a club in Lower East side that was as packed as the subways in the morning rush hour. Still, the party was excellent and we consumed amazing amounts of Sangria before heading home in the small hours.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home