tp in NYC

Monday, June 05, 2006

Quick update

Hi!

Sorry for the long break, I haven't had the time or energy to write lately and I changed to a Mac just a while ago... Now I'm finally getting the hang of it, but I have to say it took a while or two.

Anyway, since I last wrote, I've had lots of visitors. First Miuku and Marjo stayed on the second floor of my apartment for a week and Emilia just left yesterday after spending four days in NYC. Kari and Riikka are also hanging in NYC on their first stop on a trip around the world and tomorrow we are at least queuing for tickets to Conan O'Brien.

In my last post I wrote that I got an extension to my contract and in this next post I can _almost_ say the same. I shouldn't jump the gun, but I'm already discussing the next month ie July. And the best thing about it is that I'm not an intern anymore and I even get paid more than just pocket money.

The theme of the previous weeks has been farewell parties as all my co-interns are returning to their home countries with the odd "graduation party" (me and Linda's) in between. Now almost all the interns that arrived with me have left, so maybe I'll just fill my free time with exercise and possibly even take a look at my thesis...

I'll add some pictures later, but now I have to go to sleep so I can get up to the Conan queue at 6.15 tomorrow morning!

5 Comments:

  • Hey, tell us which Conan show you attended (if you got in...), so we can do some TP spotting here in Finland... ;)


    /jussi

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/6/06 02:24  

  • Moi Jussi!

    I can always count on you for some comments. :-) I went to the one with Famke Janssen (hot!), Will from Will and Grace (gay) and Drive by Truckers (just plain crap). And it was definitely worth the waiting and queueing, the show was great! It aired in the US on 6.6.2006. Bad sign?

    -tp

    By Blogger tp, at 8/6/06 23:52  

  • Damn, that was shown on friday, when I was out to sea.

    /jussi

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/6/06 03:03  

  • Hey, congrats on the contract. It's a bit sad though, you're going to miss the finnish summer (and most of all drinking beer on my roof:P)

    -Kai

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 21/6/06 10:48  

  • Thanks!

    I think I'll get a taste of the Finnish summer though as I'm planning to at visit/return to Finland in the beginning of August...

    We can definitely have some beers on your roof then.

    See you!
    -tp

    By Blogger tp, at 21/6/06 22:21  

Post a Comment

<< Home